The Tortuga Brand is known for building gear which caters to a traveler’s every need. The team prides itself on the fact that their baggage is designed from personal needs and their software and systems are focused on the one thing that matters more – customer’s needs! According to founders Fred and Jeremy, Tortuga was created by travelers for travelers. They set out to create their own perfect backpack when they found their backpacks unsatisfactory during Europe trips and have since grown to truly understand the needs of urban travelers.
What are the Products available on Tortuga?
The Tortuga range of products consists of the following:
- Tortuga Out breaker Backpack was released in 2016. It has all the same great features of the Tortuga V2, but with many more added features and sleeker looks
- The Tortuga Travel Backpack is different because all of its features are geared toward the urban traveler.
- Duffles for air travel and carrying all your stuff during travel
- Luggage accessories like packing cubes
Why choose Tortuga Backpacks?
- For both digital and long-term travel nomads, the Tortuga backpacks with its amazing features are the exact right fit.
- All the bags are carry-on sized so that you can just snuggle it in at airports.
- All their travel gear is made from a 4-layer, waterproof sailcloth. This does not scuff or tear and is very durable.
- It’s water-resistant so you don’t need a separate rain cover.
- A padded hip belt is present in their backpacks which prevents shoulder pain and transfers weight to your hips.
- Backpacks like the Outbreaker come with a height adjustment system which is great for people of all heights.
- There are front-loading backpacks like suitcases which make it easier to keep things organized.
- The backpacks have a ton of pockets to organize all your stuff.
- Tortuga offers free US shipping and you can return it unused within 30 days for a full refund.
- Tortuga has an entire collection with accessories to compliment the main backpack like packable daypack and duffel bags, packing cubes etc.
Best Products on Tortuga
The Outbreaker backpack combines the features of a roll-on suitcase and a backpack. It has the ergonomics as well as portability of a backpack; combined with the complete organization comfort of a suitcase. It comes with two options – 45L and 35L.
- Carry-on sized backpack
- Provides for good organization
- Thick and soft padding
- Padded, hip belt
- Lockable zippers
- Front loading
- Laptop and tablet sleeves
With its amazing features like Carryon, maximum internal space, and ergonomically designed hip belt which carries the weight to your hips, this backpack is a dream come true! Easy to pack like a suitcase, it’s designed for 21 st Century travel with sufficient space for a 15” laptop, a 9.7” tablet, and an e-reader. It has similar features to the Outbreaker which is why it is extremely popular.
- 22” x 14” x 9”
- 3 lbs
- Laptop: 17” Macbook
- Tablet: 9.7”
- Fit: 17-19” torsos
Shipping and Return Policy
In the US, for orders of $49 or more you get free ground shipping and for orders of less than $49 there’s a $10 flat rate. Tortuga does not ship currently to Europe.
|Country / Region||Orders $99 or more||Orders less than $99|
|Australia & New Zealand||$55||$15|
** Asia: Shipping available to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea.
If you are dissatisfied with your gear, you may return it within 30 days of your purchase and claim a full refund excluding shipping fees. Return shipping free for US customers. International return shipping is not free.
Top sites have rated Tortuga highly and the backpack has an overall rating of 4.7/5 stars.
Tortuga backpacks are great for carrying all your gadgets as well as for long trips. They keep in mind the comfort, requirements, and necessities of a traveler and are a heady mix of comfort meets style. They are durable, ergonomic and a great add-on for all your travels. If you haven’t got one now, we urge you to try them.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.